Friday, June 15, 2012

Suspecting Celiac disease

Background

Despite having some serious medical problems in my infancy, I never needed to pay too much attention to my overall physical health. I never had to watch what I eat or spend much time monitoring my overall fitness. I was happy to spend most of my time in the realm of thoughts and ideas, focusing on my work and letting my body regulate itself.

Almost a year ago I started to develop a constellation of symptoms that -- fast-forward to today -- have become the main focus of my life. Apart from the time-devouring reality of living with these symptoms, I've spent countless hours researching and investigating possible explanations for what is happening to me.

Current status of diagnosis

Things seem to point to Celiac disease and I am currently undergoing a gluten challenge of several weeks leading up to testing via blood work and biopsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment